Traffic Safety Drug Testing Lab
Drug testing hours:
Monday-Friday 6:30am – 9:00am, 4:30pm – 7:00pm,
Weekend/Holiday 7:00am – 10:00am
Please note: It is recommended to arrive as early as possible to test. If you arrive during the last 1/2 hour of Testing Lab operation, you may experience extended wait times.
Today’s Test Groups
Updated: May 29, 2017 5:00am
**In the event that the website is down or not current (as indicated by the time and date above), please call the hotline for up to date information at 586-293-4667**
- Must have Photo Identification to test.
- Bring cash (exact change please) or money order. Credit & Debit cards are also accepted.
- Your sample will be obtained under direct observation by a staff member of the same gender. Specific collection directions must be followed.
- Allow yourself at least thirty minutes to complete your test. The drug test unit is open Monday – Friday 6:30 am – 9:00 am & 4:30 pm – 7:00 pm. WEEKENDS & HOLIDAYS 7:00 am – 10:00 am. It is recommended that you arrive early, as arriving during the last 1/2 hour of lab operation may result in extended wait times.
- Do not eat, drink or have anything in your mouth for at least 15 minutes prior to testing.
- Do not drink excessive water, tea, or other fluids on the day of your test. Your sample will be tested for dilution and rejected as a tamper if you are abnormally hydrated.
- Any disruption to the operation of the lab (harsh language, argumentative interaction with TSA Staff/TSA Lab Staff, harassing others, etc) will result in a REJECTED specimen, and your referring agent will be notified of your behavior immediately. This will NOT be tolerated.
- Call 586-293-4667 or check this website daily to find out what groups have been called.
- You will be assigned a color group based on your testing frequency by your probation agent or referral source. If you are unsure of your color group, contact your probation office or call our office during normal business hours.
- If your color group is selected, you must arrive within the testing hours listed above. We cannot guarantee that we will have staff available to take your sample outside of these times
- Color groups are updated at 5:00 am daily. You can learn the color groups for the day by calling the Random Test Line after 5:00 am or checking this website. In the event that the website is down or not updated, the hotline always has the most up to date information.
- There are no coats, bags or purses permitted past the drug testing area. We are not responsible for lost or stolen items that are brought into this department.
- If you miss your test date by failing to make calls daily, or by failing to report, this is a violation of program rules and will be reported.
Your test results will be reported by email to your supervising court officer. Do NOT make inquiries to lab staff for your test results.